While more common now, knowing how to eat a pomegranate isn’t something that comes naturally to most of us. This delicious and exotic fruit is, let’s face it, fiddly at the best of time.
However, the benefits of eating pomegranates are vast and these globes of sunshine are just too delicious to pass up. Here I will give you some no fail, easy methods to deseed a pomegranate and peel them.
benefit of eating pomegranate
Do you recall that saying, “an apple a day keeps the doctors away”. Well apples are not the only fruit that deserves that accolade. Pomegranates benefits make this a fruit worth reaching for daily.
Before we look into ways to peel a pomegranate, lets look at how this fruit canDid you know that have many that is often touted for its health benefits. By adding pomegranate to your daily meals, you will be adding more fiber, potassium and vitamin C to your diet. If you like the pomegranate and you are looking for more ways to eat it, or you’re just curious about how to eat pomegranate, then look no further.
If you want to know more juices to detox and cleanse your body read:11 juicing recipes for weight loss
to cleanse your body
How To Eat Pomegranate, method 1
Remove the seeds from the pomegranate
You can save the pomegranate seeds if you do not want to eat them immediately. One of the best ways is by putting them in a container and refrigerating, pomegranate seeds can keep for up to 3 days or they can be frozen for a maximum of 6 months.
How To Eat Pomegranate, method 2
ways to eat pomegranate
One of the best ways to eat pomegranate is to enjoy the pomegranate as it is. You can eat it as a snack in the morning, as a snack in the afternoon, or even as a healthy treat in the evening. There are two main ways to eat the pomegranate alone:
- Eat the seeds with a spoon, as if you were eating a bowl of cereal. You can decide to eat the hard seeds or spit them out.
- Also, you can cut the pomegranate into large pieces, pick them out and eat it all out of the shell. This is a messier method and you’re going to have to clean up a lot of its juice.
- Just note that the shell of the pomegranate can be a bit bitter, so you should avoid chewing into this too much. This pomegranate eating method is best for those who have been eating the fruit for a while.
Spread the seeds of the pomegranate over different foods. If you do not have time to cook to do anything fancy to a dish, but want to add a tasty dimension, these are some ways you can transform your daily meals into exotic delicacies. Take a moment to try one of these:
- Spread the pomegranate seeds in your oatmeal or your cereal in the morning.
- Mix the seeds with your orange juice or apple juice.
- Mix the seeds in the black tea to give it a sweet acidic burst.
- Sprinkle them over mango cubes and enjoy.
Add pomegranate seeds to various soups. These seeds can add the perfect touch to any soup, and can lift any common soup into something quite special. These are some soups that you can prepare with pomegranate seeds:
- Prepare a pomegranate soup .
- Prepare a vegetarian pomegranate soup.
Pomegranate Soup Recipe
Cream of sweet potato, zucchini and pomegranate
This soup is ideal to take it as a starter or as a meal in itself. This cream of sweet potato, zucchini and pomegranate soup has a spectacular color, is very healthy and with a delicious flavor.
3 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric and yellow chilli
Extra virgin olive oil
How to make cream of sweet potato, zucchini and pomegranate
- Put a little extra virgin olive oil in the pan.
Add the leek, removing the harder outer layers and chop.
- Peel and roughly cut the Zucchini
Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into cubes
- Place the zucchini, leeks, sweet potato on the stove and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the spices, in this case ginger, cinnamon and the mixture of turmeric and yellow chilli. If you like it spicy, add to taste. Add some salt and continue to sauté until golden.
- Add in enough water to just about cover
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once nice and tender, blend everything in a blender. If what you have left is too thick you can add some extra water, broth or milk.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of pomegranate seeds over the top.
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Add pomegranate seeds to your salads. Pomegranate seeds will add a touch of crunch and sweet goodness to salads, from fruit salads to traditional green salads. These are some that you can try:
- Add pomegranate seeds to roasted pumpkin, spinach and feta cheese salad.
- Add pomegranate seeds to a salad made of walnuts, goat cheese and spinach, with a light dressing of honey.
- Prepare a fruit salad with papaya, pomegranate seeds and mango. Add a little lemon juice to really zing up that seasoning.
- Prepare a fruit salad with grapes, pomegranate seeds and ripe pears.
- Try a fruit salad with pomegranate seeds, blueberries and persimmons.
Add pomegranate seeds to drinks. The pomegranate can add a unique and penetrating flavor to several smoothies, drinks and juices. All you have to do is put the seeds in a blender until they are liquefied and then pour the liquid through a sieve. These are some drinks you can try:
- Prepare pomegranate juice with a squeeze of lime and a sprig of mint .
- Create a healthy treat by preparing a mango and pomegranate smoothie.
Use pomegranate seeds to bring your desserts to life. Pomegranate seeds can help add variety and flavor to various desserts. These are some things you can try:
- Prepare lemon bars with pomegranate.
- Spread pomegranate seeds over yogurt or ice cream.
- Sprinkle them on a chocolate cake. Also, you can add some pomegranate to a bowl of raspberries .
- You can freeze the pomegranate seeds for later use. Spread them on waxed paper and place in the freezer. When they are frozen, place them in a freezer bag and place back in the freezer.
- When you first finding out how to eat a pomegranate, go with the bowl of water method first to prevent your kitchen looking like a crime scene.
- The pomegranate is traditionally eaten by Jews on Rosh Hashanah (the Jewish New Year).